Friday, January 30, 2009

Fireproof II

I was true to my word tonight. I came home, grabbed the cat, a box of tissues, and a blanket, and with a resounding thud met my couch. I then turned on "Fireproof" knowing that I was going to face who I was and what I've lost, yet again. It did not disappoint and as expected I balled my eyes out. By the end of the movie I was crying to God to forgive me and praying so hard it was almost mind numbing. If you are married, you need to see it. If you are not married, you need to see it.

The last few weeks have been a wild ride for me. It seemed like I was going through a dry spell with God in early December. I wasn't getting sleep and anyone who knows me knows what happens when I don't sleep. I'm gruff as it is, but I can assure you I'm a tough cookie to be around without sleep. I was feeling empty and lost. I started pressing in with God and at the same time my church started to have Sunday night prayer services, which by the way was an answer to prayer. Let me tell you that God has been working in me to dig out these things that were buried like you would not believe, and to add to that, He's brought back into my life such wonderful blessings in the form of warriors from my past whom I'd thought forgot me long ago.

Tonight feels like a culmination of so much... its hard for me to explain, but just I know there is something different...something changed in me. Things keep changing in me.

If you're married and you're reading this, Fireproof your marriage. Its not worth it to lose what God put out there. But do more then fireproof your marriage...fireproof your home, fireproof your heart, fireproof your ministries. Never stop...keep pushing...keep pressing in. In marriage, work, church, friendships, you name it, Jesus is the Answer...

No comments: