Sunday, January 25, 2009

Faith

Today we're starting the Men's community group at C3. We're basing it on being men of action and faith, and that really means (at least to me) starting in James. It's become a core belief of mine by reading the Bible that men are called by God to be at the very least leaders in their homes. That extends to putting your faith in action. So we're going to study that. I'm hoping and praying that we come out of this with more understanding on this and in putting it into context in our lives. I hope to build relationships here that will grow and help us to be accountable as men of God.

Today Becky Medina, our children's administrator, spoke at church. When we picked up our note cards it showed that she was speaking on faith, and it did not disappoint. Becky told us that God has called her overseas and that she is stepping down as the children's admin. Her passion blew me away. But I also was reminded yet again that I need to pursue God on my own calling. Over the past few days he's been working on me about it. It's like I know in my heart what I have to do, and people, just random people, keep speaking words of confirmation into my life. So this is what I know in my heart: God wants me to leave Columbus and move south. Now where, I do not know yet....It could be Cincinnati or it could be Miami. I believe that I have things to do in the inner city and to also work in relationships. These are the things that are shaping in my heart, as well as there is a person who's been placed on my heart that has a role to play in all of this. I'm not sure about all of this so I'm just going to start putting my resume out there and see what happens. God has a place for me and its about what He wants anyways.

So many decisions.....so many places..... I have to walk in faith. Its amazing that what others see in me I don't see in myself. Micah said something to me the other night. I have other friends who call me "Overcomer, " and I have a person like Gary saying to me that he knows God has big things for me. Sometimes I believe it...sometimes I just don't see it. I guess I have to live by faith just to find out.

No comments: