Sunday, March 23, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes!

A year ago on Easter weekend my wife and I went home to Youngstown, Ohio to spend time with family and friends. I spent that Saturday night with my brother watching Mixed-Martial Arts, and my wife went out to spend time with her friends. The next morning we got up and drove home to Columbus instead of staying for Easter service. That's right...my priorities were so messed up that I didn't make sure my wife and I were in church on Resurrection Sunday. A year later, my wife and I are separated and living separate lives. This year...I was in church, and not just for the first service...nor just the second...but also for a third. I actually laid the dissolution papers that were sent to me at the altar, but wait there is more. You see this year, I was actually serving in our church, as an usher for all three of our services. This isn't to brag about myself or about my deeds, but it is to brag about where my Lord has taken me. I'm so thankful that he's restored truth in my life. I'm so thankful that he's built priorities in my life. I'm so thankful that I have a father I can run to at the altar, even on his day, and trust him with my deepest burden. Thank you Jesus. I'm smiling again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ISN'T GOD AWESOME!?!