Monday, March 10, 2008

Look Deeper

Here's hoping that this post doesn't pop out in small letters like my last one. I'm still trying to figure that one out. But anywho...question for ya: Are you afraid to look deeper into yourself? Are you afraid of what you'll find? I had the sobering experience this weekend of understanding some of the core issues I've faced in the past. It hurts for a few...but when I think about how much I hurt my wife and others because of my lack of introspection, I realize I have to let that hurt go quickly and give my feelings to God. God has his ways of forcing us to see our shortcomings...and alot of times its not fun. I guess the question I have is why can't we just look deeper into our hearts before God has to put us in a position where we HAVE to face what's inside? Is it our egos? Are we afraid? Do we think we'll look weak? I look back not and realize if I'd been open and taken the time to allow God to work on the deeper issues of the heart I probably wouldn't be walking through the trial I'm in now. I urge you to have the courage to ask God to show you where you need work...and to accept what HE HAS FOR YOU. He who began a good work in you will complete it, but how you allow him to complete it is entirely up to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go into your last post, cut the entire text, paste it into notepad, select the font in your post as Arial (unless it's your blog font already programmed in the code), cut the text that you pasted in notepad and re-paste it into your blog post from yesterday. That should fix it. My husband and I used to design websites together.

Am I afraid to look deep into myself? I am an introvert naturally. I could stay deep within myself always, but then I would become self-centered and worthless to anyone. I am very comfortable with who I am and I know myself very well. BUT, I am not aware of everything. God directs me straight into the ugliness of my humanity on a regular basis. I am just as everyone else—only very comfortable within myself.

Unknown said...

Was thinking after I published the last comment... You might be terrified if you knew how well my best friend and I know each other. Nothing is hidden between us, because there is such a spiritual and emotional intimacy between our hearts. We can literally read each other and challenge each other to leave any sin behind and come up higher. You can't beat that kind of human accountability! FREEDOM ROCKS!