Friday, March 28, 2008

Persevere

Paul was once the man named Saul who in legalistic fervor persecuted Christians. Upon meeting our Lord on the road to Damascus he submitted his life to God and became the man who authored a large portion of the New Testament. I find it interesting in 2 Corinthians to read about what Paul went through to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Acts captures some of his struggles, but to read Paul's words in 2 Corinthians echoes in me. In the United States, we go through trials, but Christians in other countries around the world die every day for their belief in Christ. Paul was flogged, imprisoned, stoned, and shipwrecked in the name of Jesus. People like Paul persevere. Alot of the time spent in this blog has been about my desire to be an unshakable man of God, but it's also been a place where I've talked about the loss of God's gift to me...my wife. I've had to persevere, but it's been no where near the struggle that other men and women face in the name of Christ through out the world. With this in mind, take your trials to the Lord in whatever situation you are in, and persevere. Just tie a rope and hand on. If these amazing Christians around the world can do it, so can we. Just give it to him, and allow him to walk with you through your trial.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

INDEED!

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9