Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jenn



So I met this girl. It started off meeting online (go ahead…poke fun at me, I don’t really care) where we got the facts about other. We started emailing a bit, which eventually became like we were writing novels to one another, and then we finally started talking on the phone. Before I even spoke to her, I knew I wanted to ask her out, and the first time I spoke with her became a four hour phone call. Okay, for those of you following along, yes that’s one hour longer than the S.S. Minnow’s three hour tour. We laughed, joked, and in general just poked fun at each other for the entire call, while getting some serious conversation in as well. She got me interested. So our first date was just a simple date in Cincinnati. I took her to dinner and a movie down on the Ohio River. We even talked over ice cream on the bridge crossing between states. The view of the water on the bridge was awesome, but as I discovered, so was the company. She was rather quiet and tired, considering she had just run 20 miles that morning preparing to run the Flying Pig Marathon, so by the time I dropped her off, I didn’t think she had as good a time as I did. I drove away thinking that she probably was not interested.

Well guess what? I was wrong. At first we were just going to be friends. I wasn’t in a hurry to be exclusive but I was very interested. She wanted to play the field a bit. You know, enjoy dating people, have a little fun, make new friends, etc. The only thing is that as I started growing closer to her, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. Apparently, I was having a similar effect on her, and almost seven weeks later…well here we are. She’s my girlfriend. It happened pretty fast, and I pretty much blew her whole plan to date around out of the water. It’s kinda funny actually.

I can tell you now that I enjoy virtually everything we do together, whether it’s going riding or running. Whether we’re on the couch watching a movie, or at church, I just enjoy this woman. My favorite thing to do with her is to sing praise and worship with her playing the guitar. We sing very well together. I’m learning that she’s trustworthy and very caring. I’m seeing a woman devoted to serving God. She’s quickly becoming my best friend. I can talk to her about anything without fear of judgment or being rejected. She accepts me for all that I am, and believes in the man that God has planned for me to become. The point I’m trying to make is that this woman, Jenn, has become a great blessing in my life. I don’t know what the future holds in terms of our relationship, but I can tell you that I have high hopes for her and for the first time, I’m not afraid to see what lies ahead. So everyone, meet Jenn. She’s a pretty awesome girl.

No comments: