Saturday, April 25, 2009

Patience

So anyone who has been close to me knows that I can be impatient. I actually used to be alot worse but life's trials have made me a bit more resilient. Still a recent example has me a bit frustrated, and as with any single guy...it's about a girl. There is someone in my life that I've grown to really like (ok...sounds so high school right?) but it seems that what I'm wanting isn't close to what she's wanting. My gut instincts are telling me...patience. My mind is telling me...do what I always do...press in (bad idea really). My heart, well my heart just likes the girl and wants her to be happy. It's hard to like someone and really want something, but then you have to know to be patient and trust God with it. That's my problem really. I keep saying I'm going to trust Him with my life, purpose, journey, relationships, and then I grab onto the wheel. When I grab the wheel it becomes more like I'm playing bumper cars then riding in a car. I think I'm more of a control freak then I realize.

I need more patience with people (like that girl who happens to be very special) and I need more patience in my God. He's never failed me...never will. He'll work all those things out in my life. Psalm 27 reminds us to wait on the Lord...and of course we all know that Paul said that "He who began work in us will complete it." I know I'm asking for trouble on this one, but I'm going to go ahead and say it. My prayer for today is that the Lord would give me more patience. Ok...now that I've said it, lets watch the adventures I start having. Happy Saturday!

No comments: