Saturday, April 11, 2009

Observance

A couple things caught my attention today. I'm going to just rewind a bit though. I had to work the 11-8 today and had my lunch at 3. I figured that nothing was open at work to get food from, so hey nothing says lovin' like Chipotle! So I'm in line and I see a sign that says Chipotle will be closed on Easter Sunday and that they hope that we have a wonderful day regardless of what we are observing! It seems like a nice message, but it really struck me the wrong way. Has our country fallen so far from God that even a sign will actually say "regardless of what you are observing?" Easter would not be here if it were not for the Son of God becoming a man and laying his life down on the cross so that we can live. There is no question of what we are observing.

This really steams me up. I had a friend at work try and tell me at work about how different people believe different things etc, and try to help me understand how we can just logically explain a holiday devoted to the resurrection of Jesus. I'm sorry, I can't bite on this. Call me narrow-minded if you like but Easter is not about Easter Eggs, a fertility god, or about family time. It's about the Son of God, and I'm not going to be ashamed of it. Jesus Christ is Lord, and He rose on the 3rd day.

No comments: