Monday, April 27, 2009

Car

I realized recently that my car was dying. Maintenance was piling up on it and it was becoming a concern that it would hold me back from taking part in events that I wanted to take part in. I've taken to simply thanking God that it got me to work all the time. However, after a recent oil change I knew I needed to buy a car soon. I also knew that I wanted to buy new. I wanted that car to be mine from the beginning with no history to it. It's been in the back of my mind for awhile now. I just haven't had the courage to go for it.

Today was a normal day. I was on my home from work on I-70 and saw a sign for a Toyota dealership and I remembered the ad that was on the River 104.9 for them. I figured I'd stop in just to look around. I wanted to see what was going on. I felt like I was being pushed to go there...so I went. When I got to the lot I felt completely at ease about it. I talked to a dealer and we first started looking around at cars. I started asked more pointed questions and inside I started praying. Originally, I was only going to lease. In fact, when I went inside I started talking to the dealer about leasing. I prayed and while the dealer was away for a moment I called my mom. She was very persistent about me not getting a lease. When the dealer came back, I told him to check on buying. I prayed some more...and more, and I finally negotiated the dealer down to almost the same payment I would have been making had I leased it. I agreed to buy the car and was sent over to the finance guy.

While talking I saw an opportunity and made the statement, "This car is about my faith more then anything." He looked at me and said, "I'm curious, why do you say that?" I looked him in the eye and replied, "Because buying this car in an economic time like this with me working at a job I just got hired at means I'm trusting in the Lord to take care of me." He looked at me for a moment and didn't seem to know what to say. I thought to myself, "Wow, where did that come from?"

I think tonight I had a divine appointment with that man...just to share a little bit about faith. When I bought this car, I didn't freak. I trusted God and I believe that having this car is peace of mind that I'll be able to go wherever God needs me to go on the drop of a dime. Making the payments will be close every month and I have to change my spending habits, but I understand what happened in that dealership tonight. The Lord was with me.

No comments: