Monday, April 7, 2008

Letting Go...

Most men are problem solvers...at least so we are taught. When the going gets tough, thats when we shine...thats the rumor. For the past 5 months now, I've been the problem solver. I've been the one seeking resolution....trusting God yes, but sometimes not enough to just let it go.
Today, I got an email from my wife that simply broke me down. Now faced with a decision...I've chosen to walk away and just let God be God. Sometimes men can't be the problem solver. Sometimes men can't fix the leaky drain pipe. But God can. So today I'm choosing to walk away. I'm choosing to put my hammer and nails down and walk away. I think I'll read a book...maybe pray a bunch...and just live. God wants us to live right? He wants us to simply trust him right? Well...I choose to trust him with my wife...this marriage...my hopes and dreams. I can't repair this...he can. I can't. I let go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're in the perfect position for God to take over!

“I have held many things in my hands and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.” - Martin Luther