Friday, February 29, 2008

A Husband's Love

Love your wife as Christ loved the church. Give yourself up for your wife. [Ephesians 5:25]

As I've noted before I made many mistakes in my marriage. Failure to love my wife as Christ loved the church is definitely the most prominent one. Its now that she's gone do I even fully understand how much I love her. God literally pulled the blinders away from my eyes in the weeks prior to our separation, and now I completely understand what I should have been as a husband. No, I'm not beating myself up or anything like that, but I have learned my lesson. I do believe that God will allow me a second chance one day when I'm ready. In the meantime, like my focus last weekend was to be able to forgive, now this weekend it's for my wife, to take her to the foot of the cross and lift her up to the Lord. If you have a moment during the weekend just to pray for her, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am praying for her, Derek. Circumstances may not play out like you hope, but don't ever give up! Your hope is in God!

"No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame," - Psalm 25:3 NIV

"But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love," - Psalm 33:18 NIV