Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank You

I hope that since I started writing this blog that I've been expressive in how thankful I am to others for being there for me in the rough time that was 2008. I also want anyone who has taken the time to read this blog to know that I although my writing is often times very serious...and I guess at times you could call it depressing, I'm actually living a good life. Its been a very hard road seeing the woman you thought to be the love of your life leave, but believe it or not I'm making it through.

I want to thank first my precious Lord, Jesus Christ for first saving me, and then rebuilding this broken man into someone who all of the sudden is not ashamed to call him King. Where I'd be without God in my life is absolutely clear: I'd be nowhere...or worse...dead. Thank you, Father for showing that true love does wait. You waited for me and You were ready for me when I came running. Thanks for my family for sticking by me and yet managing to stay as moderate as possible. It would have been easy to choose a side here, but you all did your best not to judge either of us. Thanks John for being the mentor I needed. Thank you Konan, Gary, and C3 Church for being that place I needed when my world fell around me. Thank you all of my friends whom God has brought into my life over the course of a year who have been supportive and loving. I needed that love and support. Thank you, Michelle for being so caring and understanding. You saw the diamond in the rough... Thank you, Laura for your sound words and for not judging me. I'm glad that we've managed to remain friends all of these years. Micah, Jake, Nathan, Nate, David, and Isaac...thank you! Thank you for that male brotherhood that was needed when I just needed someone to hang with. Thank you, Tim Buttrey for all the months you stood in agreement with me in all the prayer and fasting that was done in an attempt to save a marriage. Your counsel has helped shape my heart. Jane...thank you...you were an amazing prayer partner and quite the warrior as well.

There is one last person to thank...VJR...wherever you are.... Thank you for the years that you gave. Thank you for all the joys that we did share. Thank you for the experiences. Thank you for forgiving what you could. Thank you for helping to bring out the best in me. I hope that one day you'll see the fruits of all that has happened. While I now have to live this life without you, I rest assured that in faith I'll still spend eternity with you. I'll take that over this lifetime any day.

Overall, I'm just thankful for this life that has been given to me. While there has been tears, there is now great hope in what God will bring. Joy fills my heart in knowing that God has a wonderful purpose for my life.

For those of you who may be wondering...I chose to take the risk. Stay tuned.

No comments: