Monday, September 22, 2008

Day Planner

I had an appointment to meet with a friend of mine whom I happen to respect a great deal last Thursday for coffee. We'd set that date almost two weeks before and I was excited. I also knew that due to my now suspect short-term memory I had stood him up last time we were supposed to meet. I'd like to use the excuse that it was the length of time from when we made the appointment till this time, but its not a valid excuse. I've always depended on my memory to remind me of all the little things in life, but I can't depend on it anymore. It wasn't until I was taking communion on Sunday that I remembered that I had stood him up. He didn't deserve it. So after calling and leaving a message apologizing for my second screw up...I decided to get a little material help: a day planner. Who would have thought that I'd wait till I was almost 30 to get one of these. I guess my point in all of this rambling is that sometimes we all need just a little help. If you need it...ask for it...go find it. Our greatest help is Jesus.

No comments: