Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 1: A New Beginning

I left my house this morning both depressed and unsure of my future. I've been spending a lot of time wondering about God's plan for my life, and part of me felt hopeless. I'm a 35-year-old first year teacher who is working with the toughest kids you could imagine. They try me at every corner, and this morning, I wasn't sure if I could handle it.

I got in my car and just started praying. That's all I could really do. I confessed my need for him as I realized how independent I've been of late. I understand that although I may be able to function, I'm not able to give these students everything they need without the Lord's help. That's when I decided to make some changes in my morning routine. I will get my devotions in, and I will spend time blogging about what I learned. Today, I came to understand how much I really need the Lord. I'm lost without Jesus.

No comments: